We all love our dogs and want to make sure they live a long, healthy life. Dog chews are an important part of every dog's diet. They help with healthy teeth and gums, reduce plaque buildup, and help to keep your pup entertained! You can find them at any pet store or online.
7 Best Vet-recommended Dog Chews
There are so many options out there though it may be hard to decide which ones are best for your pup. Here are the 76 best vet-recommended dog chews:
- Antlers-These hard treats are a great option for your pup if they have sensitive stomachs or, as it's the case with a lot of dogs, a penchant for swallowing big chunks. They're an all-natural option and usually free of preservatives, which means you won't have to worry about any side effects from ingesting them. Just make sure you get the right size for your pup!
- Greenies- Greenies were created by vets and contain all sorts of added benefits such as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They reduce plaque and tartar buildup on your dog's teeth to help maintain their health. This is a great option if they're not a fan of the chewy texture.
- Pizzle sticks- The pizzle is a bull's penis and dogs go crazy for them! Before you get grossed out, know that it's fully cleaned, dried, and cut into slices before being given to your dog. They're high in protein and low in fat so they're great for your pup. You can also purchase pizzle sticks that are flavored with veggies or beef for added appeal.
- Pigs ears- These are a good option if your dog has allergies to other ingredients often found in treats, which is the case for some dogs. They're inexpensive and long-lasting, giving you more for your money!
- Rawhide- These chews are a great option for dogs with sensitive stomachs as there is usually no added flavoring. Just make sure if you buy them that you get rawhides and not any type of processed version as those aren't good for dogs to eat due to the chemicals used in processing them.
- Pet Stages Dog Chews - These healthy chews come from the makers of Greenies and last long enough for even heavy chewers to enjoy! They're all-natural, contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, and are low in fat. The only downside is that they don't last as long as some of the other options out there, but they're still a great choice.
- Primal Pork Rinds (Pork Skin)- Dogs love these treats that are low in calories and high in protein. If your pup has sensitive skin or is overweight, these are the treats for them! They're all natural and made with only one ingredient – pork!
So there you have it – seven great choices of chews for your dog. With any of these treats, remember to give them in moderation and follow the guidelines on the package. This will ensure that your pup gets all of the added benefits from the vet-recommended chews without getting sick or having any sort of serious reaction!